I am a fully qualified Medical Herbalist (2002), and a Registered Naturopath and Acupuncturist, currently working in private practice in Rutland, UK. I work by appointment only, offering one to one consultations. On this page, you will find information on my herbalist qualifications and training.
My training includes the application of functional medicine principles. I specialise in working with people with complex, chronic diseases especially of the digestive tract, to achieve their optimum wellness.
I have studied several subjects and disciplines that help me in this process. I graduated with the Royal Society of Chemistry, then after studying with the College of Phytotherapy I received a Bachelor of Science degree in Phytotherapy (Herbal Medicine) with Honours, from the University of Wales, in 2002.
Since graduating I completed a Postgraduate Diploma in Nutritional Medicine, with Merit, 2007, with the University of Surrey.
I am a member of the National Institute of Medical Herbalists, the College of Practitioners of Phytotherapy, the General Naturopathic Council and the Acupuncture Acutherapy Council. And I am currently working towards certification with the Institute of Functional Medicine.
I continue to update and expand my education and have completed several other courses and attended seminars, webinars and workshops to ensure my knowledge is up to date with the latest research in herbs, medicine and healthcare.
A summary of my most recent Continuous Professional Development:
- Kharrazian Institute: Postgraduate education and examinations - Gastrointestinal Clinical Strategies and Treatment Applications
- Kharrazian Institute: Postgraduate education and examinations - Autoimmunity Clinical Strategies and Treatment Applications
- Kharrazian Institute: Postgraduate education and examinations - Neuroinflammation Clinical Strategies and Treatment Applications
- Institute of Functional Medicine: Cardiometabolic Advanced Practice Module
- Institute of Functional Medicine: Immune Advanced Practice Module
- Institute of Functional Medicine: Energy Advanced Practice Module
- Institute of Functional Medicine: Hormone Advanced Practice Module
- Functional Herbal Therapy and Cancer, with Professor Kerry Bone, Society of Wellness Nutritional Systems - Online Course
- NIMH seminar - Medicinal Mushrooms Weekend Workshop
- Institute of Functional Medicine, Advanced Clinical Training: Reversing Cognitive Decline
- Institute of Functional Medicine: Detox Advanced Practice Module
- Institute of Functional Medicine: GI Advanced Practice Module
- Graduate of the AFMCP™-UK course
- NIMH seminar - Analgesia; the search for effective pain relief - Botanical and Nutritional Protocols
- FODMAP trained (Monash Certified) Completed the Monash University 'Low FODMAP Diet for Irritable Bowel Syndrome' online training course for health professionals
- trained in Women’s Functional and Integrative Medicine,
with Dr. Aviva Romm, The New Medicine for Women Institute - Online Course
- ADAPT Framework Level One, trained with the Kresser Institute for Functional and Evolutionary Medicine
ADAPT stands for Advanced Diagnostics and Personalised Treatment, Kresser Institute
- Certificate - Certified Gut Challenge Practitioner (Nutri Advanced Ltd)
- CPP seminar - Phytotherapy for Bacterial Disease
- NIMH seminar - Natural approaches to improving fertility
- Shulan College Seminar - Infertility
- Diploma - Tui Na (Chinese Medical Massage), Shulan College of Chinese Medicine
- NIMH Seminar - Managing inflammation and pain with herbs
- NIMH Seminar - Strategies for managing cancer with botanicals and nutrition
- Workshop - Herbal Medicine, Nutrition, and Adrenal Stress - The Science and Art of Adaptogens
- Diploma in Distance Tutoring, Blackford Centre
- Certified GAPS Practitioner Training
- NIMH Seminar - A natural approach to breast and prostate cancer care
- Seminar - The key to healthy weight loss and vitality
- Microsystems Acupuncture Certificate (Wrist, Ankle, Scalp and Auricular acupuncture techniques), Bodyharmonics
- Electroacupuncture, Bodyharmonics